You’ve Got to Be Strong…
As the performance of an engine is increased, eventually a weak link is found and something fails. One such weak link is the stock flywheel assembly in 1999-to present Harley-Davidson® big twins.
S&S has produced all new flywheel assemblies, with integral sprocket and pinion shafts plus all new connecting rod and crankpin. Using superior materials for added strength, these crankshafts are a vast improvement over stock, and a must for stock rebuilds or performance Twin Cam.
Available for all 1999-2013 Harley-Davidson® big twins – Balanced and unbalanced models
Features & Benefits
- Heat-treated 4140 material is harder and 114% stronger than stock
- Harder material, eliminates thrust washer
- Larger 1.671” diameter crankpin
- Designed with increased cross-sectional area for increased crank-pin clamping force – No welding required!
- Integral mainshafts – Eliminates two potential points of weakness
- Consistent balance and precision machining – Truer flywheels and less vibration
- Reduced mainshaft deflection at high rpm – less vibration, reduced piston and rod side thrusting, prevents oil pump damage, fully compatible with gear drive cams
- Capable of higher rpm – More available power!
- Trued to with in .0005” TIR
- Rod Bearings have 20 rollers vs 18 stock